Why I am giving up my huge wardrobe

agosto 08, 2017

For the longest time, I haven't felt like myself in the clothes I own. I go back and forth between styles and patterns, never defining myself or sticking to any of them. I know that for some people that is perfectly fine, but for me it just doesn't feel right. And I wondered why this happened for a very long time, but never seemed to find the answer. When I was a younger I had a style which I loved at the time and stuck to it. It made me feel confident, but as I grew up I felt the need to also split from it as it no longer defined my inner self. However, instead of finding my new personal style I guess I got stuck in a limbo of fashion. I always bought so many clothes, but I wondered why they remained inside my closet still attached to its price tag. It was not until I finally discovered the concept of "capsule wardrobes" that it finally hit me. After watching dozens of videos about it and learning the fashion tips that came with it I finally realized that my problem is that everything about my wardrobe is mixed up. The colors don't match, the patterns are totally different from each other, and I can't even describe its style in one word. It's completely all over the place. I even realized that I don't have any basics to start with. The color range of my wardrobe goes all the way down from pink to green, but I don't own any basic black, white or beige tops. So, upon realizing this, I have set a new goal: I will get rid of (almost) everything and start anew. I will just leave my absolutely favorite pieces. I will also buy some new basics that I lack. I know this "capsule wardrobe" thing is supposed to minimize your shopping habits, but I really have no other choice as I really need some simple goes-with-everything stuff. 
I am getting ready to start the decluttering in the next few days and I will be documenting it on here for you guys to see the whole process as soon as I'm finished with it. I am really very excited about this, as I am so tired of that overwhelming feeling I get when every time I am trying to choose my outfit and must go through dozens (or hundreds) of mismatched pieces of clothing. I am so decided to do this that I will even try to stick to the Project 333 rules (if you don't know what it is you can check it here). I feel like this will really make a big difference in my life for the better. When you analyze it deeply, you will realize that not only your style defines your character, but it will also reflect on your habits. I want this change to be not only physical but also psychological. I want to clean my wardrobe but also clean some bad habits out of my life. I want to get rid of everything that may affect my productivity. And the reason why I think this is a starting point for that is that the outside reflects the inside. If I look neat and tidy on the outside, I will want my personal life to look like that too. It's not that my life is as messy as my wardrobe at the moment, not at all. But there's always room for improvement.
And actually this all started when I recently moved to my own apartment, and finally had the freedom to decorate it the way I always dreamed of. Getting myself such a clean and beautiful apartment inspired me to renew some other aspects in my life. So as you can see, one thing always leads to the other.
I can't wait to share with you all of this when I'm finally done. As for now I already have my clothes rack ready to receive all of the things I need in my life. It will be hard to get rid of 90% of the clothes I have, as I attach myself to them way more than I should, but I'm sure the final result will be much more satisfying. 



Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

2 comentários

  1. I'm cleaning out and decluttering my wardrobe at the moment too and it's taking me much longer than expected, I wish I was moving into my own apartment so I could just sort of start from scratch as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'm trying to do the capsule wardrobe after I'm almost to my goal weight. It would be my reward and at the same time, new start to my closet! Sometimes it's just so amazing, even if it's just clothes.

    Heidi ✨ | https://www.heidisplanner.fi/

    ResponderEliminar