Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation

agosto 09, 2017

I have been using the original Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation for quite some time now, and even though I like it due to its awesome coverage, I do not love it as much as most people who try it do. It might be because my skin is a crazy mix of textures and types. I have oily skin on my nose and forehead but extremely dry skin near my hair line and outer parts of my face. On the top of that, it always looks like my skin is dehydrated even though I moisturize it daily. I also find that the Double Wear is too heavy for the place I'm currently living in (China). The summer here is extremely hot (like, EXTREMELY hot) and anything I put on my face makes me feel like I'm melting. So when I found out about this new Estée Lauder foundation I was so excited to try it! I heard a lot of good reviews on it. It's much lighter, compared to the original, and has spf 30 which is awesome. You would think that because I live in such a hot and humid place I would prefer the original since it's more mattifying, but trust me, I really can't stand the feeling of a heavy foundation running down my face. This foundation, unlike the original, is not full coverage, which I don't really mind since my skin has cleared up a lot since last year. But is it also buildable, so you should still be able to reach a flawless looking skin with a second layer. 



On the negative side, I also heard that the composition of this foundation is (almost) the exact same as the Mac Studio Water Weight Foundation. In case you don't know, Mac belongs to Estée Lauder, so it resulted in a backlash from some users saying that they were trying to deceive the customer by using the same foundation under a different name and packaging and at a much higher price. Nevertheless, I am willing to give this one a go and I will buy it as soon as I go back to my country on vacations. I only do western brands shopping in Portugal, as the prices here in China are just crazy. I simply refuse to pay double the price for any product. In addition, the foundation only comes in a range of 12 shades, which I think is not really impressive since the original foundation comes in 36. Hopefully, they will come up with new shades soon. And talking about shades, my original Estée Lauder Double Wear shade is Ecru, which better suits me in summer, in winter it is a little too dark. 
I will go back to Portugal by the end of this month, and I will let you know about my thoughts on this foundation when I finally buy it.



You Might Also Like

2 comentários

  1. I honestly had no idea MAC was underneath Estee Lauder. So interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It is a fact that for a long time I was also unaware of! Thank you for reading hun xx

      Eliminar